Favourite Restaurants & Bars in Glasgow

Glasgow has hundreds of restaurants and bars to chose from. So what one do you pick? 

I am a lover of a food pic and you can tell if you visit my Instagram (zo3harri5on). Much to my boyfriends displease I like to take several pictures of my food before I eat it. When I see other peoples photos on social media of local bars and restaurants it makes me want to visit these places and see if the food tastes as good as it looks.                  

Restaurants


Paesano's Pizza
Paesano's Pizza is by far my favourite pizza place in Glasgow. With pizza's starting at only £5 it is not only affordable but is of a high standard. I work around the corner from this restaurant on Argyle Street so is perfect for a quick after work dinner before going home. I have recommended this restaurant to many friends after it had been recommended to me and they have all loved it.

The Black Sheep Bistro
This tiny restaurant produces amazing food and more amazingly the miniature desserts in the picture opposite. With only a few tables in this restaurant you need to be booked in advance in order to get a table. Located just off Great Western Road it is easy to get to from the city centre via the subway to St Georges Cross subway station.

CAU Glasgow
This quirky restaurant is a perfect place if you are a lover of steak. I am not however but I was still able to find something that I liked on their menu. I may not love steak but I do love chicken. Their bright and cloud themed restaurant makes the eating experience even more pleasant as it is such a cool restaurant.




The Grill on the Corner
The Grill on the Corner is one of my favourite restaurants in Glasgow. It's one of those places where you could be dressed up in a dress and heels and fit in but also could be in jeans and a top and still feel welcome. Every time I go I order the mussels, they are so good. But I have always fancied trying the fajita's which I will try sometime.




Bill's Restaurant Glasgow
I recently visited Bill's for the first time with a few friends for brunch. Their food was lovely and very instagramable. Also as I ordered toast there was a variety of different homemade jams at the side to accompany it which I thought made a nice homely feel to the restaurant. I would like to visit this restaurant again possibly for lunch or dinner to see if that lives up to their breakfast.



The Restaurant Bar & Grill
They sell lobster, what more do you want?
Located in Princes Square, this restaurant is pricey but with the high costs comes amazing service from the start. With lovely staff, food & drink, the restaurant is good to visit for a special occasion such as a birthday or anniversary and treat yourself to lobster.


Guy's Restaurant
One of the best restaurants in Glasgow. I have visited this restaurant several times and have left every time feeling very satisfied and happy with my meal. Their market menu may be small but it offers for a wide variety of choices for different tastes. I always order their fish and chips but their 'Glasgow Tapas' is cool as they have several different mini dishes as part of one main.

Bars


Tingle Shooter Bar & Cafe
Tingle has always been one of my favourite bars in Glasgow for years, every since I turned 18 four years ago I have always visited this bar for their extensive shots menu. There's too many to choose from. Recently they have started to created giant versions of cocktails and they are just so fun and cool to drink.





Driftwood
With their funky cocktails and drinks why wouldn't you want to go. These cocktails are some of the coolest cocktails I've ever had with actual ice lollies coming with them, I was amazed. Not only are the cocktails good but the prices are too, compared to other cocktail bars they are really reasonable.




The Slug and Lettuce
One of my favourite places for cocktails ever. They have such a big cocktail menu so all of your party can get the type of cocktail they like. Some of their cocktails come with some added extra's such as the one I had in the picture where it came with a candy necklace and 2 cherries on a stick.



Boudoir
This is quite a classy bar. It is one of my favourite bars in Glasgow because of how small and intimate it is. Also they have live music at the weekend at the venue which also brings a nice atmosphere to the place. As it is part of Merchant Square it is unlike any of the other bars in the venue as they are all bigger and more open unlike Boudoir.


Comments

Popular Posts